Just get back up when it knocks you down?

How did you guys pick yourself back up after a breakup with someone you loved very much, but just couldn't make work? I was so miserable for a while but now I'm starting to feel so much better, the only bad this is, I still think about him ALL THE TIME. Seriously, from the time I get up, through out the day, and when I go to bed at night. I'm thankful I'm not hurting like I was, I just wish I could keep my mind off of him, and staying busy isn't helping me any!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Did he break it off or did you break it off?
    Breaking up is like a morning process. It takes time. Just try to remember why you broke up.

Answer by louise2 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It's never easy. I've had a lot of great guys in my life but sometimes it just doesn't work out and we have to move on. I'm glad to see you have gotten through the hardest stage. There is a good book called How to Fall Out of Love that might help. I found it online for a dollar or you could try your library (it's an old but great book) It was written just for this. Also look up the word Rumination. That's what you are doing. You can find ways online to stop ruminating (thinking about him all the time). Find the one works for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• *OP* Thank you admckenzi, I looke up Rumination and I had no idea that's what I was doing! There is tons of info on it and it's very interesting and helpful, so once again thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2009