What should I do???

I have been having contractions since yesterday just before 4:00pm and they have been only coming about every hour, give or take 15 minutes...

So they have been pretty sequential, but at the same time not exactly sequential...

My parents are concered and think that I should go to the birthing center, but I do not know if I should. Cause if I go and I am not ready all they are going to do is send me home.

I dont think they would even really check me over, just because the contractions are not close enough...

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unless your water has broken, I would stay home until they are regular but call the doctor to see what they suggest as well
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have been in your shoes my love, and I'm sorry to tell you that if you go in to the birth center they will send you home unless your contractions are 4-5min apart. They will check to see you if you are effaced or dialated but chances are you aren't progressing with these "lame-o" contractions. Sadly you can contractions like yours for weeks before you deliver, as was my case. I hope they get closer together and start moving things along for you soon! Congratulations, and call your doctor if you have any concerns!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• What? They would really send someone home unless the contractions were 4 to 5 min apart? With my second child my contractions were consistant but 10min apart. They DID NOT get to be 5min. apart until i was 81/2 cm. dialated. If i would have waited until my contractions were that close i would have given birth at home alone. I think as long as your contractions are consistant for at least a couple of hours, you should at least call you midwife to get their advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Your body IS progressing and preparing. Early labor can last a while. But every woman is different. You can call instead of going over if you want depeding on how far you are from them.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Call your dr and tell the dr what you are feel ing ask the dr or nurse opnion. You may not have regular contractions till latter but if you are diolated enought they will keep you. Drink water lack of water is not good and can be a reason for iregular contractions. Good luck I hope that you and your baby go threw a safe delivery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Callllll
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Talk to your provider, but contractions an hour apart are not a sign of active labor. They need to be a lot closer together than that to be doing anything. If nothing else, you can tell your parents you spoke to your provider so they will get off your back. Hang in there mama!
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2009