Laugh or cry, not sure - would you elect the WWE CEO to senate?

Linda McMahon, the official CEO of World Wrestling, the same woman who constantly appears on the show with her husband, is retiring from WWE to run for senate in Connecticut.
Granted she has more business experience than some of our elected officials, and Jesse Ventura made it all the way to governor once, but really? Would you vote for her?
Link below

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not gonna laugh or cry. WWE has good branding, good numbers, has been around forever, (i used to have a crush on bret the hit man heart in the 80's) I haven't watched in years, but I want to see what she stands for. Conservatives need someone that can bring sparkle to a campaign. It's not about politics anymore. The bottom line is, wwe is a successful enterprise, so she may be one hell of a firecracker.

come on, it's not like Obama got elected on his policies, that campaign was like a cross between a circus and a church service.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• LOTOYH's huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We elect attorneys to office most are blood sucking liars. Why not this woman if her politics are sound?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We the people need to run for office. I like that she is not a Lawyer with a sliver spoon. She is a hard working person.

If her politics are sound than way not. My favorite Pres. was a actor.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• On the surface, I would say, "you have to be joking." But, it would depend upon the individual.

I would like to see more regular people enter the political arena. We need people that are in touch with mainstream America.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• How about we stop electing business people and lawyers? Seriously, all they do is pander to business and write vague laws with tons of loopholes. Hasn't it been long enough...
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 11:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Clint Eastwood, Jesse Ventura, Arnold....

What is she like? At least it isn't Beyonce or Pamela Anderson.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• What is she like? At least it isn't Beyonce or Pamela Anderson.

I can't say I'm a devoted wrestling watcher, so I've only seen bits and pieces over the years if DH can't find anything else on when I'm in the room. Near as I can tell she can yell really loud and pull off a pretty good Hillary Bitchface. Beyond that? Is her CEO title just for show since her husband owns the company or was she really making decisions - it would be a heck of a coincidence if some wrestler who bought his dad's company ended up marrying someone who didn't mind being used on the show and also had actual business sense.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't immediately rule her out or be for her. I'd have to see what she brings to the table first, then decide.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 12:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009