babysitting

I babysit a 2 year old and i have a 4 year old that i have to take to school and i have to take DH to work we only have one car so the child i watch gets here at 720 we leave at 730 the dad brings the child and has to take his other child to school well they have told me they have been running late and asked if i could take dh to work come back by the house and pick child up and then take my child to school i agreed but totally forgot that everyday when the child comes i have to change him b/c he don't match AT ALL i am talking his mom puts onsies on him and cuts the button thing off so its a shirt it and puts like a lime green shirt on him with red shorts so i have to change him everyday but the clothes in his diaper bag are ok...so i am not going to have time to change him b/f taking my child and i have to walk her in how should i ask her to have him dressed in something decent b/f they bring him w/o sounding to rude??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• So what if he doens't match, I dont' see the problem
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Leave him in what they dress him in. Why is it your job to re-dress him? Unless they specifically ask, I wouldn't.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• op....um....b/c he is dressed like trash people look at me like he is my chlid and not takin care of
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• op---plus they will bring him his clothing will be wet with pee and diaper dry and they will say it will be ok when it dries one time his mom put some clothing back on him that had dried up poop on it and she said oh its only a little and its dry he can wear it today
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think you are way to worried about what other people will think. Why would you care what they think? Do you really judge people on what their toddler is wearing? As long as its clean I figure its good enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Maybe one of the parents is color blind? Or maybe they are just sooooo stressed out in the morning, they just grab anything? Believe me, I've seen my dd walk her 3 year old out the door to go to his preschool, still in his jammies because he refuses to cooperate and get dressed! So she throws clothes in his bag and tells the teacher. They are more than willing to re-dress him!

I don't see the problem in any case. I think you're more concerned about what people are thinking of you than anything else. If you're THAT insecure, just casually mention that you babysit the child and sometimes the parents dress him silly. Big deal, really!
    eternallymom

Answer by eternallymom at 1:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009