How do you file bankrupcy?

Im drowning in debt after my divorce..if i pay my bills, I can't pay the mortgage or the utilities...bankrupcy seems like my only option. How do you do it? Anyone else done it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• First off you have to qualify to file bankruptcy. There are a few different types of bankruptcy. Also know that any student loans will not and cannot be discharged in any bankruptcy case! My suggestion is to meet with a bankruptcy attorney! Usually it is a free consultation to discuss your options! There will be a lawyers fee, but if you are filing you will stop payments on your debt and will have the money to pay! I recommend if you decide going through with it USE A LAWYER, this is no time to try and save a buck by doing it yourself! If you have anymore questions I will do my best to answer them, just send me a message!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We were told by two BK lawyers that we did not make enough money to file. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• 11:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 by: Anonymous

We were told by two BK lawyers that we did not make enough money to file. Good luck
    ________________________________________
    What do you mean, you don't make enough to file? I've never heard that before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009