how long did your labor last?

also, let me know if it's was spontaneous (no help at all), induction ("natural" or chemically") and how, or if you had help (stripping membranes, etc).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 32 hours, induced (not by choice) with Pit and they finally broke my water at 29 hours.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• MY first lasted 4 days
    Hard contractions started on my due date My water broke 3 days later then on the 4th morning i had him . It was horrible.
    My second lasted from 330 am to 4pm
    I was induced with an IV (to avoid same problems i had with my son also had Group B strep.)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• you know what it's stupid but i can't remember if i had my membranes swept/stripped or not. it's been 2 years and i knew less then than i know now about birth and all. but i did get checked on a thursday and i think the nurse *might* have stripped my membranes. anyway over the next few days i started losing mucus plug. then sunday night i had early labor overnight. basically i just felt uncomfortable and crampy but i slept as much as i could. then around 9am my water broke on it's own. within a couple of hours i was in active labor. then i had my son at 6pm.

so i would say active labor was about 7 hrs long, and early labor was about 10 hours long. other than the possible membrane stripping a few days before, it was natural, and i was 41weeks.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• mine was spontaneous. early labor was about 6-7 hours, active labor was 1 hour and i pushed for 10 min.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• 5 am - 1207 am, no induction, emergency c section
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• With my 1st my water broke they ended up having to enduce me so i didnt end up with an infection had him in 14 hours! With my 2nd i was 4cm doc sent me to the hospital i dialted to 6cm an they broke my water i ended up gettin the epi which slowed my contractions so they induced me had him in 4 hours
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• #1- 36 hrs, 9 days overdue, no drugs, labored @ home, had her within 20 minutes of walking into the hospital
    #2- 42 1/2 hrs, born the day after he was due. no drugs, labored @ home, had him within 2 hrs of waking into the hospital.
    #3- 8 days. yes, you did read that correctly. made slow progress with painful contractions for 8 days, labor stalled out 1/2 way through the 7th, picked back up, i realized i was in transition and left for the birth center. he was crowning by the time i got in the pool... almost had my little doode in the car! no drugs with that one either.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• All of mine lasted about 24 hrs from start to finish. With one I had AROM and pitocin augmentation (would not do either over again), the other two had no interventions.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• due date 18th, plug lost following month on the first of that month. Contractions started the night plug lost. Son born five days later on the fifth, after five days of uneven contractions round the clock. On the fourth at 2 pm I was five centimeters at 10pm I was 10 centimeters, and I was induced when I went into the hospital on the fourth. At midnight a section was decided on and my gorgeous son was born. He still takes my breath away 25 years later.

had two sections after that for two more babies so I wouldn't end up hospitalized again with an infection for 10 days like I was with my first baby.

Know what you want your birth to be to use as strong guidelines. Don't let yourself be more than a week and a half overdue IF you know for sure, like I did, when baby was conceived. But do have good medical backup should a difficulty arise.

Congratulations and BEST WISHES!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:14 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• "". Don't let yourself be more than a week and a half overdue IF you know for sure, like I did, when baby was conceived. But do have good medical backup should a difficulty arise.""

I think that is VERY BAD advice. it is unfortunate that you had problems, but in most cases it is best to not interfere if you are up to 2 or 3 weeks past your "due date". do your research and you will see
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2009