Will pharmacies run insurance again after about a week?

So apparently, we were supposed to have been issued new prescription insurance cards, but weren't. So I had to get my daughter a prescription that was somewhat pricey. I paid for it since the insurance was listing as expired. It took me about a week of phone calls, messages, promised to return phone calls, routing through this person and this department and this supervisor before I was able to actually get the current insurance info. The pharmacy said that they couldn't tell me if they could process it again or not unless they had the receipt and the information I have in hand. I have the original receipt and I have all the information I need for my insurance. Can they rerun and bill my insurance? Has anyone been able to do this?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• They should be able to run it back through the insurance, take your receipt back to the pharmacy and ask them too. I assume you had coverage at the time, just a mix up in the company..??? If thats the case, the pharmacy should (good business practice) run it through and refund you the money. I dont see why they wouldnt.......
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2009