Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Request an Autopsy????

My Dad's father passed away suddenly on Monday, He was 71. He was living with a women for a while but they never got married. He had told my dad that when he passed away that my dad got his truck, now she is trying to keep it from him, and has asked that there not be an autopsy. Does anyone know if there is any way for the cause of death to be determined accurately without an autopsy??????
My dad had to sign as his next of kin on the death certificate, Can he request an autopsy????

Answer Question

Asked by lovintnmomof3 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Yes, he can.

    Answer by ocsosomom at 11:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • yes he can

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • Yes he can
    She saying not to do one kinda sounds fishy to me .

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • I believe so. If he gets creamated, the autopsy is required.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • What does an autopsy have to do with inheritance?

    Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • I beleive unless he passed away in a hospital of a known disease an autopsy has to be preformed.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • I guess nothing, I was just rambling! We were now informed that he has already been imbalmed, because they didn't suspect any fowl play. She left the house at 1 and came back at 3 to find him dead. It just sounds funny.

    Answer by lovintnmomof3 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
child support