Why did they replace Christopher Robin?

DS is watching My Friends Tigger and Pooh right now. I have wondered for awhile now why they got rid of Christopher Robin and replaced him with Darby.

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Entertainment

• That kid was depressed, he turned emo. then slit his wrists, Disney is trying to keep it covered up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think because for newer generation like our kids don't know who Christopher Robin is and he wasn't shown much in those Winne the Pooh movies or cartoons. I guess Disney just want to replace some character like Darby looks happy and healthy to our little ones. I think it's actually good because Christopher Robin didn't look heathly and happy most of the time and sometimes I thought he might be depressed in some ways. Anyway, the new show is intended for preschoolers and under who don't really know the original one.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:30 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree with ocsosomom, Darby looks upbeat and happy. Christopher Robin, there was something wrong with that boy! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• They have mentioned him though, I can't remember what episode it was, but Darby says something about Christopher Robin.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• because CR was a whiney lil punk. even as a child I couldn't stand him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think it should be called Darby's World as she is the main character, NOT tigger and Pooh anymore. She grates on my nerves.
    AND christopher robin wasn't in EVERY episode of Pooh anyway, so why is Darby?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009