Does her juice need to be diluted?

My daughter is 7 1/2 months old shes been getting juice every now and then for a couple of months now. However she only drinks a couple of ounces. I just bought the harvest fruit/vegetable juice and i just think it sounds gross to water it down lol. Do you all still dilute your childrens juices? Even if they only drink maybe 2 ounces a day (if that much).

JocelynsMama1

Asked by JocelynsMama1 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes i diulute my LO's juice still and she'll be 1 sept 26th.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No, no need to dilute. As long as it is 100% juice with no sugar added it shound be fine.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:36 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I still do and she is THREE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• She needs to learn to drink water. Juice is empty calories for a baby. Next summer you can re-introduce juice as frozen popsicles.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I still dilute and my son is almost 2. For 1 it saves money and makes the juice last longer, 2 it's better for him that way without so many added sugars and what not, and 3 he doesn't know the difference yet so I don't see why I shouldn't dilute it. lol!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My daughter is 16 months and I still dilute her juice 50/50 when she gets it, and i will continue to do so until she starts refusing it.

Think of it this way:
    They don't know the difference. And the more water they drink compared to juice, the better. They don't need the extra sugar. Even if it is %100 juice, the natural sugars from the fruit in such a small container is still considered concentrated sugar (that information comes from my Nutrition Teacher last semester)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• She doesn't need juice. It's empty calories and helps develop a sweets addiction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I still do and she's 2.

They don't know the difference. And she can have more glasses of juice if you water it down (which my daughter always asks for juice so I don't feel so bad giving it to her more often since she ends up getting 4-6 oz total.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• thanks every one I did dilute it. However whoever got the attitude about her needing to learn to drink water. She always has a nursery water sippy I just give her a bit of juice every now and then to let her have a treat. Next time read the question she barely gets juice at all!
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Mine are 12, 9, 8 and 10 months. All the juice in my house (yes, 100% juice) gets watered down - it's just too much sugar!

Answer by missanc at 12:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009