what formula should i use when my son is born???and should i bring a can to the hospital??

how long does a can usually last for a newborn and are there long experation dates on the formula.....sorry i sound stupid i dont really know alot about formula

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This mom did not ask about breast feeding, she asked about formula. My son could only drink good start in the orange can. Whichever you choose you can take one to the hospital just in case they don't have the samples of the kind you want to use. =) Good start is also the one wic usually has, if you plan on getting wic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Don't worry about taking it tothe hosp. They will start on soemthing they have there. And you may get free samples and coupons when you leave too. Ask the hosp[ what brand they use soyou can stock upon some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You shouldn't. You should try to breastfeed your child like you, as a mother, were intended to do, at least for the first couple of weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The hospital will provide formula, but they may encourage you to try to bf. I am not bashing, I just want you to know what may happen.
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 11:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009