Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I break up with my boyfriend?

We've been together three years and have a 15 month old DD. I don't trust him any more, and I really just want him to leave. It is SO hard, but I am pretty much positive I have made my mind up. He works part time but only contributes $100 a month (if I am lucky). This is for living at my house (I pay for rent, utilities-including his cell phone) and for child support. He was going to get a new job (where he would me making more than me), but instead he went and smoked pot, so he didn't pass his UA. -He stopped smoking pot like 6 months ago, or at least I thought, and just did it once (supposidly). He has never told me that he loves me, but he talks about getting married and having another baby. He cheated on me a LONG time ago, and the way he acts now it makes me feel like he might do it again. I just need to be done, but it is so hard with a little one. But it isn't fair for me to have to deal with this. Please help.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • The problem is that I do love him and I want things to work, and I know if I tell him to leave he actually will. I am such an idiot. He will leave and he will be in another womans bed the same night. -op

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • Tell him on Facebook or on a post it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • You are just gonna have to be honest and firm. He will try to talk you out of it but if your mind is truely made up then he won't be able to. GL

    Answer by heather.darin at 11:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • sit him down and say "baby! I have had it with your selfish and inmature  behavior, I pay the rent, I pay for YOUR child support for your other kids. I didn't sleep withtheir Mama, why am I paying for those kids?! You can't even hold a job! I deserve to be treated better than this! Our daughter deserves better than this, pack up your stuff and get out of my house! I am going to find a man who will treat me like a lady deserves to be treated!


    Answer by Bjoycassell at 11:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • just be honest with him- he should leave because you pay the rent. if he refuses to leave then you can either leave OR have him kicked out by a court motion stating his previous drug use & it would be unsafe for him to be around the baby also because you pay all the rent/ bills. stop paying his child support hold him responsible. come up with a parenting plan you both agree on ( when he sees his kid) type it out, both of you sign it, & notarize it. then take it to the court & get it stamped as an agreed order.

    Answer by maiahlynn at 11:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • Just tell him! What's the problem? He's taking advantage of you and you're letting him! Kick him the F out of your house!

    Answer by feesharose at 12:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • I'm sorry to say this, I don't want to be harsh but he's using you for sex and money. He thinks because you have a child together you won't throw his worthless ass out. Just be honest and tell him you can't do this anymore. You definitely don't want your daughter growing up to be used by a drug addict who can't hold down a job.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009