The Power of Iconography...Do your know the signal?

I am putting this up only because I found it interesting....Thats a about it....and it is up to you haw you interpet it.

Barack Obama ran an unprecedented Presidential campaign - utilizing the power of design to help secure the seat of the President of the United States of America. However, his iconic emblem, reveals a hidden danger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdtqtfXdR-c

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 11:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• am putting this up only because I found it interesting....Thats a about it....and it is up to you haw you interpet it.

LOL haw.....how.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If you think about past History. What the below icon tells you?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I like this comment made on youtube: " Maybe one day it will register with bitter neocons and adulterous Bible thumpers that Obama won NOT because he had a better campaign logo designer but because, plain and simple, Americans were fed up, sick and tired after 8 years of the Bush/Cheney train wreck. Of course, I'm not exactly holding my breath waiting for Republicans to stop apologizing and trying to explain away all of Dumbya's missteps and incompetence, which is really a far more interesting (and frightening) phenomenon. "

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• 12:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 by: Anonymous ....
    I believe he mentioned that. I would not associate Obama with that. Hope the OP is enjoying her fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Back to Bush, as usual. Never fails.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• zzz
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I found it interesting. That is true what he said. People do fall for this kind of advertising.

I am is strong person and I have never fallen for this kind of advertising. When Obama started saying " hope and Chang" I would start laughing, because I know what he was about. But as you can see people did fall for it.
    I would ask why are you voting for him and they would just say " hope and change" and I would say what does the mean? and could never answer. SAD very SAD
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Interesting.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Makes sense to me...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• That was a GOOD piece. Yes, being fed up with Bush had a great deal with Obama's election, but his campaign had sparkle and cash flow. It had OOMPH. it was fun. And he does use that damn icon where he should be using the seal, I never noticed it before. Probably perpetuates the idea that he is continuously campaigning. You hear people say that all the time on here, and it's that constant image that is reinforcing that.

Anyone who has gotten to middle management or higher in retail understands the concept of branding. It's powerful. Think about your favorite chain restaurant and the commercials that go with it. All of the commercials in the past five years or so will feature some of the same images, training the pathways of the brain to associate certain images with pleasure, and therefore creating a positive impression and hopefully, an eagerness to buy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009