is your carseat in the middle,left or right side of your vehicle?

mine is in the middle, its the only place it would fit in our tiny car :( its fun trying to get him in...not!

ilovenoah26

Asked by ilovenoah26 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Behind the driver. If I didn't have a hump in the middle that's where she would be but the drivers side is safest after the middle.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The middle is the safest place for the carseat. A child has a 25% less chance of injury compared to either the left or right side placement.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have a 2 and 3 year old who sit on the outsides! I'm 35 weeks and when this one is born, her carseat will go in the middle. I don't know whats safest, I just know my seatbelts, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• behind the passenger, because there is no room behind the driver seat because our car is so small. I rarely have passengers in my car, so that seats position is not an issue.

(I too have a hump where the middle seat is, or else she would be there)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Well, that's good for you! Its the safest place to have the carseat! I bet it is fun for you getting him out. I put mine behind me 'cause I'm too lazy to walk around the car every time I have to put her in and out of her carseat.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I had my twins in the middle and behind the driver when they were in infant seats. Now that they are in convertibles I have to put them on both sides because the larger seats will not fit side by side.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• behind the passanger seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• "behind the passanger seat."

Not bashing but did you know that in an accident, you (as the driver) will turn the car so that the passenger side is the first side hit. It's self-preservation. If you can, I'd move the seat behind the driver.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree with behind the driver! Not even realizing it you will protect yourself I heard this from a police officer of 25 years while getting my DD's carseat checked out.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 12:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i have two carseats. my ds is behing my dh and dd behind my seat. (dhis the driver)
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009