venting: Writing skills

Not everyone has had the educational opportunies that the rest of us have. Not everyone has the same IQ. Some, have tried their hardest and still just don't get it. It doesn't make them stupid. It doesn't make them uneducated. Most often than not they are very smart in other, more hands on arenas. So why give them a hard time? All they want is a little help and instead of trying to figure out what they are saying or just ignoring the question, you decide to make them feel worse? Why? Why not just let it go. You giving them a hard time isn't magically going to make them smarter. Just because to everyone you meet and accept them as they are. If you can't do that, then is it too much to ask that you just ignore them instead?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I think some people forget that this site can be accessed worldwide and by persons of different cultures that may not have a Masters in English and are just learning or know enough to get by.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Sorry, "Just be nice to everyone you meet"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have such a hard time with my spelling!! It is so embarrassing that I will avoid writing certain words (thank God for spell check) It makes me feel so stupid.It like I can see the word in my head but when I try to type it they get all messed up, I have the letters in all the wrong places like ew instead of we ect. The funny thing is that a lot of times bigger words are easier for me than the smaller ones I just don't get it its so frustrating...anyway time to spell check!!
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 12:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Oh, good point Jademom!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009