Can you wear jeans to a weeding?

If you pair them with a very nice, sexy, off the shoulder shirt. Maybe a pair of heels? It's a cousins wedding and I haven't been able to find a dress that fits like I like. But I have seen many styles with jeans that actually look kinda dressy casual. I'm thinking that if it's paired just right I may be able to get away with it.

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Weeding, Yes I don't think the grass will mind, LOL
    Wedding, no, I don't think it's appropriate unless the whole affair is casual. Get some slacks.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• if you don't care that people might think you are trashy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Jademom07 is 100% correct. Don't try to dress up something you are uncertain about. Buy slacks, wear the top you feel is appropriate, and put on your heels.
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 12:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think if it's paired with a nice shirt, it's fine. My relatives know I don't dress up and this is what they get. I think if you look nice it's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Completely unacceptable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would say yes if its not an extremely elegant wedding. Ask the bride. It will go over alot better. There are very classy styles with jeans, heels, and tops just wouldnt do the whole hole in the jeans thing lol
    carolynhowell

Answer by carolynhowell at 12:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Found a new dressy pant suit of you must wear pants to the wedding but no jeans no way. Your better woman store will have them and they will tell what jewery to wear with it.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 1:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• While you can dress jeans up to be very classy for a club or nice dinner out, I think they would be completely inappropriate for a wedding, no matter how casual or formal. Well, unless it is a Western themed or biker wedding. :)
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 1:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I guess I was raised old fashioned....we dress up for any occassion. My SO wears jeans ALL THE TIME, and it infuriates me.
    I think it would depend on the wedding. My cousin had a very cowboyish wedding, and the whole wedding party wore jeans, (except the bride). In that case, yes.
    If its a more formal event, I wouldn't.
    But to each is own, whatever your decide.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No, no, no. Dressy casual jean attire is not appropriate for a wedding. Even slacks would be a better choice, but you need to find a dress.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009