episiotomy not healing right

I had my son 5 weeks ago & my episiotomy isn't closing up all the way yet. My ob was a little concerned @ my 4 week check up, and wants to see me in 3 weeks. Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• i had mine 8 years ago with DD (have had 2 babies since), it took forever to heal, i pulled some of the stitches trying to get up out of bed because the pain was excruciating... i said never again! it still hurts if i sit in the wrong position for too long, or if the scar is irritated during intercourse.
    i did tear with #3, but not badly, it healed fine, and quickly- has never bothered me. i would take a tear any day over that bs!!!

i'm so sorry that its bugging you, keep doing salt water sitz baths, and it'll heal up quicker. keep it clean, use a peri bottle every time you pee. and if you need to, use tucks pads as a compress, the witch hazel in them will help soothe it (after the initial burn).
    luck to you, enjoy your little one. hope you get to feeling better soon.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• it seemed like it was months before I could even sit. that was 15 years ago. When I had my second I said NO to cutting and everything went fine and I didn't tear. It does take a while on some. Only be concerned if your Dr. is too. I have tried to blocked those extremely painful times.  Try and enjoy your baby.baby in sling

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I did and it hurt so bad I’m so sorry for you. Mine also got infected from something they did while they where sowing me up. It took a little more time than it dose for most women for mine to heal (9 weeks) but it did eventually. you can steel feel where every stitch was on mine and it has been over 2 years but I don’t have much problems with it now. Every now and then it will get a little sore but that is it . I wish you all the best and that the lord be with you
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Make sure you keep following up with your doctor. I didn't have an episiotomy, but I had a 1st and 2nd degree tears. I didn't heal right either. I suffered with it for a while before I went back to the doc. I ended up having to have corrective surgery to fix the problem 4 months after I delivered. While it was very unpleasant, hurt just like it did right after birth, I have NO pain or discomfort at all now.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 1:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2009