How many of you shop online and understand the importance of online privacy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Shopping

• Weird. I am shopping online right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I will always check on line and if i can get a better deal on-line then i will go for it. Is there something that I am missing out on or is there something that I should know?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 12:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am currently developing a software to protect you from phishing scams and online eavesdropping. I was wondering how many of you knew about all the dangers on the Internet. www.titook.net
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• There are just as many when you shop in a brick and mortar store. From a shady cashier to improperly discarded information. I had my identity stolen from a restaurant employee. When shopping online I only go to stores or sites that I really trust. All you need is good security software, strong passwords and firewalls. Oh and keep one credit or debit card that you only use for online purchases. Not trying to be rude.Yet, How do we know to trust you and your software?

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 3:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i just make sure the site uses https:// and has the privacy lock before i purchase and constantly check my bank statements and only use the one card for online purchases.... i would never trust some cock and bull "ill protect you with my program" crap.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 6:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Actually I only shop online at stores that have brick and mortar stores as well.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I've never had a problem and can't say I'm worried. More people get their identity stolen through the mail or from someone they know. And most Credit cards have the protections.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2009