Hehehe...Boredom equals:

You have a fox, a chicken and a sack of grain. You must cross a river with only one of them at a time. If you leave the fox with the chicken he will eat it; if you leave the chicken with the grain he will eat it. How can you get all three across safely?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Take the chicken first. Swim back and get the grain. Take the grain across. Grab the chicken and swim back to the original side. Drop off the chicken and grab the fox. Take the fox across and leave it with the grain on the new side. Swim back alone and get the chicken. Swim back and leave all three on the original side.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ahh.. I've heard this and I cannot remember it for the life of me!! lol..
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am clueless. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• take the chicken first, and leave the fox with the grain.

Now I'm stuck...I know I have heard this before. I know that if you take the chicken across first the fox and the grain are safe, but then which do you take across next?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Thats Hard....LOL
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 1:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• take the chicken first, leave the fox with the grain. Then take the fox across and take the chicken back with you to get the grain. leave the chicken, take the grain and leave it with the fox. Then go back again for the chicken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• This may be "cheating" but why not put the fox inside of the bag of grain and tie it up? Then you could take the chicken first and the sack of grain (with the fox inside) next. Just a thought.
    amy5272

Answer by amy5272 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• This is going to sound confusing (I warned you). First you take the chicken and leave it on the other side. Then you go get the grain and leave the grain over where the chicken was and bring the chicken back to the original side. And take the fox over (now you have the fox and the grain on one side and the chicken on another side) Then go back and get the chicken again.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Good job anon 08, geminilove, and juggalette! Although if it was me I would just do what amy said. Much simpler! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Bordem equals this is getting annoying. Enough already!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009