how long does it take to boil 2 eggs?

and do u put the eggs in the pot before the water starts to boil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I put them in the pot before the water starts to boil. Once it's boiling wait for 2 minutes and keep the pot cover until the water gets cold.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I say about 20 mins. or atleast until you see them have a slight crack I put water in a saucer pan with the eggs in it then wait then turn off the stove and carry your pan to the sink and slowly pour out the boiled water but at the same time let cool water run over the boiled eggs then slowly pick one up and slightly give in another crack (from you) and let slow water run over the egg as you peel the peeling off the egg and continue to do this until you are done..Happy Egg Eating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• About 10-15 mins since you don't need much water to cover them but do remember to use small pot.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• put your eggs in the pot, fill with water about an inch above the eggs. bring to a boil. cover and remove from heat. leave them set in the water for about 18 minutes. remove eggs and run cool water over them.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

Perfect only we do 12-14 minutes so that we don't get the green ugly ring around the yolk.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• y use a small pot?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I fill a pot with cold water, 1 inch above the eggs, bring to boil, cover & remove for 12 minutes. Then I crack on the edge of a bowl & put them into an ice water bath. (don't crack if you don't plan on peeling right away) It doesn't matter if you cook 1 egg or 10 the cooking time would be the same.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We put them in cold water and boil for 3 minutes then remove from burner, cover and let it stand for 8 minutes. Run cold water about a min and let it sit for a bit. Then we drain and put it in the fridge for about a half hour to an hour then peel.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Some people think it takes way longer to cook an egg than it actually does. If you over cook an egg it will be hard to peel, and rubbery to eat. It only takes 10 minutes to fully boil an egg. I am a professional chef, so I would hope I can properly boil an egg..lol!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 8:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• No matter how many eggs you have...place in pan, fill water about 1 inch above them, bring to a good boil, remove from heat and cover with lid. Let sit for 12-14 mins. Then done!! That's it. you can leave them in long as you want. if you want to use them right away, just rinse/soak in cold water to cool the eggs down for peeling.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2009