Do people not go outside anymore??

Why does it seem that people don't go outside anymore, don't socialize with neighbors, and kids don't play outside. In my neighborhood, everyone uses an automatic garage door opener, they drive right in, close the garage door and rarely go outside...even weekends are quiet around here. So sad! Is this the norm now in most neighborhoods?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• No, it is not the norm. I take my daughter outside to play in the front almost every afternoon, and my whole neighborhood is very active. We socialize, have bbq's every so often, watch each others houses when someone goes out of town, etc. etc.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• people love their technology! it's all about video games and computers and reality tv! i cant wait to have my baby so i can take him outside to play and when he gets old enough i can teach him how to go fishing and camping.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• And the point of this question is to tell how wonderful a mother YOU are because you don't do those things?? Get over yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Not in our neighborhood.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009