Activities on base Camp Lejeune for 2yr old age group?

I have a 2 year old and have just become a stay at home mom. I want to give my some just as much creativitiy and activities as he was getting in day care but I don't know of any activities where there are other children that he can interact with. Does anyone know of anything in this area that I would be able to get involved with?

AmyLevins

Asked by AmyLevins at 1:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• go to their website sometimes they have stuff for kids. the have a mommy and me group. search forthe new parent support program
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't know much directly linked to base but meetup.com has a great playgroup that I'm part of called Child's Play. It's a great group of mommies and kiddo's and very active. We have a lot of fun!
    yelli

Answer by yelli at 11:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Call the library (or even the ones out in town) and see if they offer a story hour program. There's also gymnastics classes in Jville. I called about Kindermusik once (also Jville) but it was expensive. Once we moved I found out the classes here are free so I take my 3 year old. You could also go to the parks & let him interact with the other little ones. Not sure if you're on base or off, but I would try to meet your neighbors & see what their kids are involved in or even plan a couple of play dates. You could do swim lessons next summer. Does your LINKS binder give any info on groups or programs?
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2009