Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

My ex husband and I have an 8 year old son together. Ex also has a 3 or 4 year old little girl supposedly with another woman. A couple of years ago she served him with papers for child support and he requested a paternity test and she in turn dropped the case. (This is my understanding of what transpired from my ex MIL) Anyway, there have been a few times that my son has said something about his sister and that the exgirlfriend keeps the little girl from his daddy and him. I know that the mother has a myspace. Would you try to contact her? Awhile back, she had contacted me, but it was when they were in the middle of their break up and I did not feel that I was somebody who should be involved in getting the 2 children together. But, it looks like that is what is going to have happen to get them together if at all. My ex is one of my least favorite people who I don't need more friction with, but I also want him to se his sister


Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • hmmm if he asked for a paternity test and she refused to let him get one then she is prolly sceptical about this being his child...if you knew for sure it was then i would say go for it be civil with this woman and let brother and sister catch up! but if ur not sure and in the end it turns out to not be his sister then that would just be weird..i mean it prolly wouldnt hurt to make a friend and let the kids play but that situation would just be sticky!

    Answer by LadyJaysMom at 2:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • Some how make an arrangement for them to see eachother it is about the kids not the adults so with all feelings put to the side let the kids enjoy life with eachother. GL

    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • Stay out of it. It is for your ex to deal with, not you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • I would contact her. If she is his little sister he has a right to see her. I would want a paternity test to prove that was his sister though.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • unless you love the drama, don't do it. empathize with your son, explain that life isn't easy. Let him know that as an adult he can make different choices. but stay out of an ex-husband and his girfriend/ex girlfriend/ new wife/ random screw/ unless you are so totally bored you want some excitement.

    Answer by trishmused at 4:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • Thanks a million! I love CM for the simple fact that there are so many brilliant ladies here... I guess I'll leave it to daddy!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009