What or How do you use your grocery plastic bags?

I try to recycle but I end up using the grocery plastic bags for something especially

in our bathroom waste basket I usually grab a bunch of them and put all of them in

the waste basket and open one up to use as it gets full or when trash day comes

around I then grab another bag and pull one out from under neath and open that one to use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Yes, that's how we use them as well.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I use them to clean out the kitty litter daily. I also use them in the restroom trash cans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I use them to clean out my ferret's kitty litter & to put my puppies puppy pads in there.
    :)
    brookethomas

Answer by brookethomas at 1:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I use them as lunch bags for Dh and DS. They otherwise lose regular lunch boxes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I also use them as wastbasket liners but I also use them for doggy do pick up and most recently, I send my kids clean PE clothes to school in them and they reuse them to bring them back home in to be washed (then I throw them away - pu... ha!). But most importantly, when I get too many saved up (my bad - forgot my cloth bags too many times) - I keep them in my car and take them back to the store to reuse them....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We don't get many of these kinds of bags because we usually bring our own reuseable grocery bags with us, but when we do happen to get a few b/c I didn't have my bags with me for whatever reason, we use them mostly for emptying the bathroom trash cans into to take outside to one of the big cans. They're also handy for when I need to take a bunch of stuff to someone else's home or for collecting & storing items for donation until we can arrange for pick up or get to the donation center.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• They are great for kitty litter, and also to toss a random stinky diaper. We have a bin that we store them in, dh will also use them to put his lunch in. I have bought SO many of those reusable grocery bags, but I always forget them when I go to the store, duh!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 7:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Our school takes them, and some how gets $$$ for them.....
    finnie

Answer by finnie at 8:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• we throw them away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We use them for garbage every day. I don't have a garbage can in the kitchen. I hang a plastic store bag from one of the cabinet handles and put the trash in that all day. Then in the evening I carry the bag down to the basement and clean out the kitty litter into it, then I put it in the trash can. I don't keep trash overnight in the kitchen at all. If the bag should fill up during the day, I take it out to the trash can.

Answer by Bmat at 9:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2009