how many ultrasounds do you usually have while pregnant?

and at how many weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well you get one usually around 7-8 wks at your first appt then one more around 18-20 wks for the sex and depending on the doctor that may be it some people only get one through their whole pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• 18-20 weeks and usually one, unless ur doctor finds it medically necessary to do more-otherwise insurance wont cover it.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• depends on the DR. Mine only does one @ 20wks. I found out I was having twins in the ER and after that had one every month.

My sisters DR does one every appointment and shes only having 1.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• depends on your doc. and if you are high risked. i got 2. one at 12 wks and other at 20 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Depends on the practice. All the practices I have been with only did a routine one at about 20 weeks unless there was a medical reason to get another one.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i had like 5 or 6. the few that are normal and then a few more just to see the baby and how she is growing. also i measured big and had extra amniotic fluid.. so maybe that had something to do with it?? i think it depends on your dr though.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• so far ive had 3. one at 12 weeks to see if the baby was there an ok, then another at 20-22 weeks to see the big scan (all the parts are there) an then another at 27 to make sure he is growing on target :). it all depends on your dr. though some do 1 some do 2. but if your high risk they usually do one every other appt. good luck! :) you can always get private u/s done if you want more.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 1:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I only had one with both pregnancies. They were both at 20 weeks.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I had zero with my pregnancies. I didn't want any unless there was a concern. But I was fine and healthy, so no reason for any.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It really depends on your health insurance and doctor. Usually 2, one at the beginning and one closer to the end. This current pregnancy I had 3, the most I've had in any pregnancy (this is my 6th pregnancy) but it was due to my low-lying placenta. You can always have more...you just have to pay out of pocket for them, especially the 3D ones.
    Gaskinwife

Answer by Gaskinwife at 1:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009