How to still have romance after child

My husband and I are having a hard time getting back in teh swing of things, sexually, after the birth of my daughter. We stopped having sex while I was pregnant, because we were scarred, can you believe it 9 months wihout sex, and now it seems like we have to schedule it. And that is maybe once a month!!! is somthing wrong with us. ??? How do you find time? Does it have to be scheduled are can there still be spontanatiry.

kaileymom25

Asked by kaileymom25 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes you can still have romance, and spontaneity - especially with only one child. My dh and I are still very romantic and spontaneous, even with 4 children. Of course, both sets of our parents are in town and we have some great sitters so we can out often with very little notice.
    Just wait until your daughter goes to sleep for the night, have a late dinner together by candlelight, get some massage oil to give each other backrubs, and then see where it goes. Also, if you live in an area where you have some privacy you can always sneak outside to "look at the stars" on a blanket in the backyard, just make sure you bring the monitor.
    My 10 month old goes to bed at 7:30, and my older ones go to bed at 8:30 - so the rest of the night is ours! No, the dishes aren't always done, the floors may go without vacuuming, but we spend our time together.

Answer by missanc at 1:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think you just have to make time. Stay up late if you have to or get up early. My hubby works evenings and gets home around 10 30 i usuall yhave both kids to bed by then and i make myself stay awake to spend alone time with him. I dont know how you went 9 mo omg i would die :-) I had a c section this time and we only waited a week, we were just very careful. I think you just have to make it a priority to have some time alone together, if not it is easily put on the back burner behind everything else. If I cant stay awake and my hubby is in the mood he just wakes me up, I don't mind, I know I can make up the sleep some other time. Its just something you have to make time for in my opinion anyway.

kandmsm0m

Answer by kandmsm0m at 3:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009