How am I just supposed to leave and be ok?

I asked a question about breaking up with my boyfriend and the only advice anyone gave me was just kick him to the curb, he is using you, he is a jerk, etc. Ok, well, I got that, which is why I am thinking about breaking it off. But how am I supposed to just telling him to pack his shit and leave me and our DD? How am I supposed to be ok with him leaving and sleeping with someone else the same day? (Because I know him, and that is what he will do for "revenge".) How am I supposed to be ok with him not seeing me and not seeing his kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• My ex actually called me and told me when he slept with someone else after me. i was thinking...he's not my problem anymore and that poor girl is getn herself into the same crap i've getn into. But that is her problem you can leave him til you are 100% done taking his crap, Stay and take all the abuse you want and when you are DONE leave once and for all! You shouldnt leave cause you are angry now, it needs to be a sound decision that you want more for yourself. only then will you not care what he is up to after you leave him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You said it yourself, he's a jerk. So why would it bother you if he's sleeping with someone else?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't think you're really going to be "okay" with it. But you come to a point where you realize that YOUR happiness is worth more than this. That you deserve better and that you are NOT going to put up with it anymore.

I broke off a relationship shortly before I met DH. We didn't have any children, but I stayed a lot longer than I should have. Mostly because I knew it would hurt to leave. I finally got the nerve when I gained some of my confidence back and realized that *I* was worth more.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• And think about your daughter. DO you really want her to think that this is how a relationship is supposed to be? Do you want her to see you unhappy and being treated badly?

If you can't do it for yourself,do it for her.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• self respect will help you do what is right. if he gets revenge by doing that then he's probably doing it now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You won't be ok for awhile, but just remind yourself that he is a bad influence and you don't want that around your DD. Over time it will hurt less. Find and surround yourself with people who care and treat you well and it will help you forget those that don't. godd luck
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 2:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009