Has anyone who has Antithrombic 3 deficiency had a successful pregnancy?

I have had 2 m/c this year and my gynae did blood tests and found i have the above mentioned. He said basically, blood clots are forming in my uterus and starve the baby and it dies. He recommended i go on daily injections for the whole pregnancy next time i fall pregnant, but this cost a fortune and i hate needles :) i was wondering if anyone else has found something that could work? Thank you for your time.

Teala

Asked by Teala at 1:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately, there isn't any sort of home remedy for a clotting issue. I was on Heparin and aspirin for another condition while I was pregnant. While Lovenox is really expensive, Heparin isn't expensive. I had a reaction to Lovenox so Heparin was my only option. Also you can get teeny Insulin needles to use with Heparin, whereas Lovenox comes in pre-filled syringes with much thicker needles. The only problem with that is that it's shots twice a day instead of once. Yeah, it sucks ass, but I would have done anything in the world to have a healthy baby. He was absolutely worth it. If you have any questions about it, feel free to message me. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009