babies kicks...

my baby kicks alot somedays, but other days he barely kicks at all. my doc said i'm supposed to feel ten movements per hour, but that doesn't make any sense. i'm 34 weeks. should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have the same issue with my little one. My doctor says its normal for him to have lazy days (I ahve asked her a half dozen times, lol). At the last visit she gave me a "kick count" sheet, which says that I should lay in a quiet place on my left side with my hands on my belly (the hands on my belly really does make a difference, I feel him more that way since he has gotten so big) and to wait for at least 2 hours to get 10 kicks. She also told me that babies in the womb often sleep for about an hour at a time, so not to worry if I don't feel anything at all for an hour. I wouldn't worry though, my baby has turned into a lazy kid as I have gotten farther along (I am 36 weeks now) and like you said, some days he moved around a LOT and other days I won't seem to feel him at all...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My doctor said at least 4 GOOD movements at night before I go to bed-10 kicks an hour is ALOT to ask, especially since your little one has little to NO room to move around anymore- But HEY if your doctor doesn't mind you running into the office every other day for a well being test-more power to him! Your baby is fine as long as you feel 10 slight movements in 3 hours-and 4 GOOD movements at night while your relaxing.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• 10! Wow that is alot! I can't remember how many I felt but I think just as long as you can feel movement you are fine. Don't stress yourself out about it. I mean a baby sleeps in your belly so there is no way that it will be active all day, just common sense, you know.
    AJsMom08

Answer by AJsMom08 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• 10 is a lot. When I was pregnant I went through a phase when she moved a lot but once I was close to my due date it slowed down a lot, I assume due to less room for her to move around. I know someone who never ONCE felt their baby move during her pregnancy. I think your doc is expecting way too much. I say as long you feel your baby a few times a day all is well! good luck! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2009