How to get a 2 year old off bottle?

My son is 2 and is still taking a night time bottle! I need all the ideas you have so I can try them all until one works! He is not attached to anything else so it is really hard to get him off!

newmama5613

Asked by newmama5613 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If I knew the answer to that I wouldn't have a 3 year old on a night time bottle. LOL I hope someone else has some ideas ;0)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Stop giving it to him. Listen the them being upset for a few nights and it's over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Try watering down the milk until it's just water. He may lose interest and if he doesn't at least it isn't bad for his teeth! (The sugar in the milk is a problem unless you're brushing his teeth after the bottle..) You can also try simply giving him less and less.
    If you go "cold turkey" give him some warning and talk about how bottles are for babies, he's a big boy, etc. After a couple of weeks of talking, away they go. perhaps he can help pack them up? My SIL got her kids to give up their pacifier by taking the paci to the toy store and using it to "buy" a toy (stuffed animal). She talked it up for a few weeks and off she went. It worked for all three of her boys. Might work for a bottle as well. Whatever you do, when the bottles go away, get them completely out of the house. If he finds them, you'll be in trouble! (I made that mistake.)
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• you take it away cold turkey. that what i did with my dd at 12 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I had the same problem. I agree with those who say "just do it". My two girls helped me pack them all into a box and seal it up, with "bye bye bottles". The first few days were rough, but they do get over it.
    mommykarin

Answer by mommykarin at 2:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I DID IT! He is off but he still wakes up all hours of the night! There is no end to the madness!!! SO TIRED!!!!!!!!!!
    newmama5613

Answer by newmama5613 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009