How many people get along with there mother in-laws?

This question is for all,however if your hubby is an only child I would probably be able to relate better.

denni29

Asked by denni29 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• my dh has a sister but no brother so he's the only boy & the youngest...me & his mother get along great, she's nice
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't, she wasn't a good mother to my husband, he has a sister too, she treats her not as good but a little better, but their 1/2 brother she treats the best.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I do. My MIL is accepting and welcoming. My entire in-law family is. In fact, I take the kids to visit them, even when DH is gone. Everyone treats me like part of the family. Even when we were newly married and they didn't really know me.

My husband isn't an only child, but he IS the only one that is married and the only one with children. And we live halfway across the country from her.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I LOVE my MIL. She is sweet, caring, never overbearing. Of course dh is not an only child =)
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 1:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My dh is the only boy in his family - he has 3 sisters. His mom is the sweetest woman in the world and has been so good to me, and to my 3 kids that are from my ex.

Answer by missanc at 1:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I get along great with my MIL. SO does have a younger sister but they are 18 year apart! So they didn't really grow up together. She is great, she helps out as much as she can without butting into our lives, she loves her grandkids. She listens to me when SO and I are having problems (and usually agrees with me!) All in all, I say I'm lucky to have her as a MIL.
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 1:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I WOULD get along with my mother in law if she wasn't a psychopath!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• my hubby is an only child, and my MIL calls both of us CONSTANTLY. his stepmom, well thats a whole new subject, she is crazy and argues with me about everything. his mom isnt really so bad, just overbearing sometimes, we get along just fine, but she really annoys me to no end. everything feels like a constant competition with her for hubbys attention, which is really annoying to me and my hubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My husband is the youngest of 6 (4 still living) and we live about 10min away from mil. My mil is a nice person, and I do get along with her for the most part. There have been a few times when I have had issues with her- with something she has said/done or her not following my 'rules' when she has my kids.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Hah I agree with anonymous 1. I dislike my mother in law very very much, but my soon to be hubby and my mother get along super well and he has told me on more than one occasion that he wants to tell my mom he loves her, but doesn't know how she would take it.
    Richys_Girl

Answer by Richys_Girl at 2:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009