my baby isnt in the head down position yet ...

So last night im laying down on my side until I feel this weird movement...It was my baby in a vertical position, as in butt downward toward my back and his head popping out of my stomach, a good 3-4 inches. So I know this was his head , also because his feet were in my lower rib cage, almost like he was sitting up in there.

Any way this drew me to the conclusion thar he's not in the head down position yet. Im 32 weeks as of yesterday.

Is this normal? when should he be getting in position?

Im kind of concerned because i hear that he should bein position already and I just had it confirmed that he's still playing around in there

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not normal, but not abnormal either. You still have a little time for him to move. You can opt for your doctor to try a version as well if you like. (That's where they try to physically turn the baby for you) Talk to your OB/Gyn and discuss options to avoid a c-section if that's what you're worried about.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Mine didn't flip until 39 weeks- some don't flip until right before delivery, every baby is diff. However I would get an ultrasound to confirm your suspicions, because with my first I thought he was heads up, I was CONVINCED because of his movements and what I THOUGHT was his head poking out, turns out I was wrong, it was his little hinder poking out...

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• my son didnt flip around until the day i went into labor at 37 weeks.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• dont worry osme babies dont turn till labor has stared .evrybody is different. .
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have an appt on friday, i will deffinately bring this up....and I do want to avoid a c-section, i know i have a long time to go but i cant get it out of my mind that he is going to be breech.

Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• For some care providers, breech positioning does not justify surgical birth.
    To ease your mind, keep working on coaxing baby to turn (exercises, Moxibustion, Webster Technique) and make sure you have a provider who has experience attending breech vaginal birth. MANY do, they ARE out there!
    Try not to worry, babies can flip dozens of times between now and 42 weeks when "done cooking."
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009