I have a feeling my son is having his lunch taken from some other student.how can i find out for sure?

the teacher called home telling me that my son owed some money to the lunch lady. because he didn't have a lunch with him. now thats odd because I prepare his lunch for him. and and make sure he takes his lunch in the mornings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• That is so messed up...Have you asked him what is going on?

aarrgg!!! That just pisses me off..just the thought of it..I would go to the school one day and surprise who ever is taking his lunch or find out what the hell is going on....GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• ask the teacher to watch the kids better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• to the teacher he saids he for gttot it. to me he saids he must of left it on the bus.
    Anonymous

• I would make the teacher aware of your concerns also, go to the school see what happens when he gets off the bus (does he still have his lunch?) then watch what happens at lunch time, also a good way to figure it out is make the bag you send it in one you can easily spot and see who ends up with it. It is possible to do all this without your son knowing your there. It sounds to me like both you adn the teacher need to get more invovled with watching whats happening, trust me its the only way you'll figure it out. I never leave it up to yard staff to notice things, they miss entirely too much (my oldest son last year figured out my younger son's back pack was being stolen everyday and told me because the yard staff refused to help my younger son)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• after responding I thought of one other thing you might be missing.

Is it possible your son doesnt want what you sent for lunch and so he says he forgot it so he can eat at school? my son would eat breakfast here then go to school and eat again, i finally figured out what was happening. It's just another possibility to consider.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• How old is he? Ask him why he didn't have his lunch and see what he says.
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree. Maybe he wanted the school lunch and ate there. It is possible he left it on the bus, maybe he dropped it, another student took it. Alot of scenerios. Ask him, ask the teacher. Someone knows.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Put a laxative in it and see who gets the squirts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Maybe he's selling it figuring you'll never find out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• my first thought was that he doesn't want to bring a lunch to school anymore. theres a point when kids would rather do like everyone else and buy a school lunch, either b/c its cool or it just makes them feel normal. how old is he? if he's older than 8, i'd see if that is the reason. talk to the bus driver see if theres a lunch left on the bus when he gets off of it. ask the teacher to keep an eye out and see if he has one when he comes to class. if its between the house and the school, than you know he is either intentionally leaving it on the bus or someone is taking it there. or, do you take him to the bus stop? is it possible he's throwing it out somewhere before he gets to the bus?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009