Recipe for Stuffed Cabbage?

Does anyone have a good and easy recipe for Stuffed Cabbage Rolls? Thanks in advance lades! :0)

mikeysmom989

Asked by mikeysmom989 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes, but if I tell you I would have to kill you.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Get a big head of cabbage. Cut around the core. Put in large pot of water and boil until the leaves start falling off.
    Filling: Hamburger, uncooked rice, onion (to taste) or onion powder, pepper (to taste), a little salt. Mix all together. Fill cabbage leaf and roll.
    Cover with tomato sauce and cook for about 2 hours. (May need to add some water)
    ***This is a basic recipe. You can add more spices if you like . Play around with it until you get it to your liking.
    ***Also, on lazy days, I skip the boiling and rolling and just cut up the raw cabbage and put it under and over the meatballs and then pour on the sauce... Tastes the same, just doesn't look as good.
    Afterthought25

Answer by Afterthought25 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• you can also freeze the cabbage for a day and then thaw it. It is just as good as blanching and much easier!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Exactly what after thought said & I prefer to freeze the cabbage! I call the way afterthought makes em by cutting it up and layering inside out rolls.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2009