Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughters father wont help me with her how am I suppose to make him want to do things to help me out.. I have to watch everything I say and do because he is always telling me to leave its his house and my daughter is to stay he says because I have no where suitable to take her.. Im looking to move out on my own with her but I do care about this guy and he loves his kid but its just not enough!! help?

Answer Question

Asked by Slimgirl1981 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • No "good father" loves his kid but treats the mom like crap.

    Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • He cant make you leave the baby. As long as you have some place to stay, even a friends or relatives, you can take the baby. He's scaring you into staying, which is a form of control. I agree, a good father does not treat the mom like crap. It's a purely selfish thing to do.

    Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • You need to work 2 jobs, put her in daycare, get you and her a place, and try to get custody, it's gonna take a lot of hard work to get where you wanna be, but I wouldn't be his puppet on a string no more!

    Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • u may love him but he is not showing u the love u deserve. DONT leave ur daughter with this man. reguardless if he is the father. if he cant help out, will he take care of her while ur gone? uncertain answers that pertain to ur children should always be avoided. keep looking into moving out on your own. he may love his kids but he needs to take care of them and their mother .

    Answer by krisew90 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • Sounds like he is using intimidation to control you and make you stay. It would be a good idea to leave him.... before you leave you should come up with a plan-- where are you and your daughter going to stay, do you have family/friends who can help? If not there are womens shelters available. I would contact legal aid/a lawyer and start the ball rolling for custody and child support and see what your rights are. If you don't have a job you may want to start looking for one now so you the means to support your child (and then he can't use that against you). There are agencies that can help you too.
    I wish you and your daughter luck and hope all works out!!

    Answer by MizLee at 2:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • Do u get mail their.... ? if so than he has to got thru the viction process and by that time yall would have made up.. and mommy sarap is 100% right......what an ass

    Answer by Linsigirl26 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.