Do you like confrontations?

I hate it so therefore people kind of step on me and my dh calls me being 'weak"

what can I do if I have been this way all of my life :( I don't like myself being like this and I pray my kids don't end up like me, I want them to be just like their dad a sometimes hard-ass...in a good way.

I don't know why I am this way I just don't want to deal with it I guess depending on what it is..If it had to do with my kids...then that is when I show my teeth...(growl)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hate confrontation-however I am opinionated, and compassionate about my feelings, children and beliefs, so if someone gets in my face about any of those things, I will get right back in there face. And I hope to god my children stand up for what they believe is important too!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't say you're weak, b/c it's harder being a nicer person than a mean one. But I would stand up to people in my own way and voice my opinion, you don't have to stand around and argure but I wouldn't not say nothing at all.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I love confrontation. It's a way to get things out there. I don't like to fight but if I prefer to be around people who will tell me whats on their mind other than to just sit back and not say anything. There isn't anything wrong with not liking confrontation, you can still learn how to speak your mind in a nonconfrontational way. You just have to practice. Try practicing in the mirror first, the next time you get upset. To yourself in the mirror, say exactly what you want to say to whoever upset you. Revise it until it's exactly what you want to say. Then say it to that person. If you piss someone off, oh freaking well, they'll either get over it or they won't.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You are not weak, just nice. There should be millions more like you in the world and maybe we would all be happier. There are too many people who like to be angry and aggressive and fight.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I never bit my toung.. I always got in something because of it too! I want my kids to do what is right if that means fight cause another kid hit him/her. I wouldn't provoke it or want them to fight cause i think that is low class. If you can't resolve a situation by talking it out than you are messing with a low class person.. I was in a situation yesterday at stop&shop and some lady pushed I mean like a shuv push so she and her son can go down an ile.. Ohh i was pissed, so I said, "can you say exscuse me or something, you just shuved my daughter"... she told me to fuck off and your DD shouldn't have been in my way! ohh hell no... I wanted to slap her so hard her cart would flip over! So I said well just say sorry and I will move on.. No it went into a strong verbal fight and her son spit on my child and I went off! Man if I would have got ahold of her a little while longer she would of been all over stop&shop! Was I wrong????
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009