How many Mom's are on Meds?!?!?!

So I am feeling very depressed, overwhelmed, sad and have anxiety. I have an appt to see a doc on the 29th but really don't want to be prescribed meds. So how many Mom's are on meds and how do you feel?!?!?! Has it helped? I don't want to be a medicated Mom to be happy. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• I have very bad depression, have suffered for a very long time and have never taken meds for it, but really I think I should start, it would probably help, but I'm pregnant so I'm not doing that right now, but I'm going to look into it in the future.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I take xanax for anxiety and I love it! I do tend to make impulsive purchases when on it, that's the only issue I have with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I understand how you feel. I have suffered from depression all my life and never took medicine. until, I had my first baby I got severe PPD and wanted nothing to do with my first born for almost four months, don't get me wrong I held her and loved her, took care of her but, I had a lot of supportive friends. Having my child made me realize that I could not fight the depression alone and needed to do what was best for both of us. I have been on medicine now for almost 7 years and love it. Cymbalta is what I take now for almost two years. It takes a while to find the one that fits you.
    chelo_ken

Answer by chelo_ken at 2:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009