worried about his weight...

My dear son is 18mths old and weighs 23lbs...he has been stuck there since he was 12mths.The dr told me he wouldnt gain weight like before, but is going to gain any at all? He just seems to get taller and taller he is 32in already so he looks little. Is his weight okay?? What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Each child is diffrent, people use to say my daughter was way to thin, now they say she is so chubby, as long as they are healthy-that is what counts. My daughter is thining out now, there babies, they will change alot over these years.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• He will probably start filling out and then will come another growth spurt at around 24 months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I certainly hope so! He usually will do that and then shoot up! He is half my size already lol! I'm really short.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it. My son actually lost weight between 15 and 18 months (much to my surprise!). Doctor told me that's what suppose to happen as they get more active and mobile. Keep giving him lots of healthy food choices and don't worry unless your doctor does. Better to have him be a bit too thin vs too heavy.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Do you feel your son is healthy? Does he eat all his meals? If so, don't worry. If he isn't complaining that he is hungry, he is fine. Could be that he is just going to be a tall guy.
    AJsMom08

Answer by AJsMom08 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• my ds dropped from 50th percentile to 25th percentile in weight when we went to the docter yesterday. So we're trying to give him more healthy fat options, like using more olive oil when cooking his food, avacados, more whole milk and less water, eggs, ect.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• As long as he is eating good and is eating primarily healthy foods, I would say don't worry unless your Dr is concerned about it. My youngest is almost 28 months and weighs 22 lbs and is 32 inches. He eats like a pig and eats mainly healthy meals (fast food at most 4 times a month).
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 3:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• THIS IS MY SON TO A T.!!! he's SO tiny.. I mean, to me - He is 22 months old now and this summer he could fit into 6 months shorts.... he eats often, just not big amounts and he has energy like you can't believe.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Hes perfectly fine. My son weighed 21 pounds at 12 months and now at 17 months he is 24 pounds.
    noahsmommy418

Answer by noahsmommy418 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My son is 14 months, and he is 32 inches tall, and weighs about 20 lbs, maybe 20 1/2 lbs. He eats really well, a variety of foods. he is just thin. This summer he wore 3/6 month shorts (although he is in a bigger pant size). He just seems to get taller, but his waist stays the same. If he is eating well, I would not worry.
    kiki2780

Answer by kiki2780 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009