Playdates

I live in Westland. (Middlebelt & Warren area) I'm moving to Joy & Telegaph, we should be all moved in by the end of October. My thing is I am 20 years old, I have a 2 year old DD and a 2 and 1/2 month old DD. I have no friends, b/c they don't understnad the whole KID situation and would rather go out and party, not that I blame them at all. I am looking for a mommy or mommies who have a toddler around my DDs age who would like to get together once or twice a week so our kids can play together.

Ari0825

Asked by Ari0825 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• see i am in the same boat. im 19 and have a 13 month old son. my friends are the exact same way too! if i was in your area i would love to have playdates with you. everyone i try to have a playdate with seems to just b.s. me all the time. what area exactly are you in?
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• im around detroit mi
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• ah see i am nowhere near detroit mi. i am in stl mo lol good luck finding people your age with kiddos! trust me, i have been on the search for a loong time and have yet to find someone who wont b.s. me and actually have a playdate with my son. all of the kids he has playdates with are almost 3! and hes barely over 1!
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• and there moms are like a lot older then me too!
    kelsey.evans08

• oh thanks, ya thats my problem too, all the moms are way older than me, like late twentys or early thirtys. & we have NOTHING in common
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You might try going to Yahoo's Group section and looking for groups in your area. I found a local playgroup that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You might also try meetup.com they have a feature where you can search for groups in your area (by zip code) and by also have groups that are based around different hobbies. You should be able to find at least a few groups you want to try and from there, you could narrow it down based on how well you get along with the women in those groups when you meet them. :)
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2009