How do u know if your child needs glasses- my son is only 14 months but i suspect he may need them.??????

If ur child wears glasses when did u know/ suspect he might need them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• an Optometrist that handles children can tell without the 'reading of the charts'. I took my girl in at 12 months since both dad and I have glasses. all they do is check to see how the pupils and stuff focus by shining a light in them and watching to see what they do.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• When my oldest was in kindy I found out right away i took my younger son who also needed them, then when my daughter was 3 we went to see the eye doctor and yup she needs them too but the doctor and i opted to wait since my daughter was not in preschoola dn her prescitption would likely change before kindy. only one of my sons needs them full time and he can see without them but its better if he has them on.

some common signs are squinting to see things, tilting of head, sitting to close to tv, losing palce when reading, rubbing eyes, covers an eye to watch tv, headaches, light sensitivity.

I have one with light sensitivity, two with a tracking problem, one with astigmatism and all 3 are far sided lol. Doctor says they will most likely outgrow it because we caught it early and have done something about it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009