Is racism their only defense?

I mean, when is that gonna get played out? Don't agree with Obama...you're a racist. Well I don't agree with Biden either, does that make me a sexist since he's a man (can't call me a racist, we're both white)? What about Pelosi, i don't agree with her either and we are both white women...so what's the argument there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If you lack any credibility regarding tactful and factful answers, call the other a racist. This will take the attention off of the matter, the issues, and the crimes at hand and focus attention on the person bringing light to the problem or criminal behavior. Your whitehouse has been taken over by thugs along with your Federal government, people need to get very busy on telephones, emails, snailmail, and voter registrations and voting 2010. Get these aholes out of office for good!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Is the answer here...they have no argument? They have no defense to be trying to pass a bill to bring America into socialized medicine....when most American DON'T want it OR cap & trade.....so if you have no argument...call names.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• racism of course.
    Anonymous

• I think your'e right just b/c he's black and does or says something that someone doesn't agree with he's all of a sudden racist! BS!!!!!!!!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You can't win around here, sorry. I once posted a question ANONYMOUSLY about our income and whether or not others here felt I could afford this house. People started calling me dumb and a showoff and told me to go wash my BMW, which I don't own?? If I was showing off I would've posted with my screenname, don't you think?
    Anyway, I logged on a few days later I came on and others were getting bashed for being on welfare and not having enough money?? I'm still confused as to how much money I need to make or not make in order to be accepted here. Sorry for the rant and way off subject, but the bottomline is if it isn't one thing it's another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Everyone plays the Racist card.
    She was racist because she was white and she was black, or because she was black and she was white.
    He was white and he was black, he was black and he was white.

PLEASE I AM SO SICK OF IT. Maybe because the person was IGNORANT. Just another way to make money, or make someone look bad.

Blah, blah, blah.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ugh. You don't agree with Obama, fine. Doesn't mean you are a racist. If people think you are, so what? It shows their ignorance, not yours. If you are a racist, then you suck but I think most people know just because you don't like Obama doesn't = racist.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I've been around here for a while now and the only ones I see pulling the race card are those trying to defend their choice as to why they don't like President Obama or his policies. I don't much see anybody pulling the race card much except for those people.

"President Obama is _____ (fill in the blank) and race has nothing to do with it". Okay well, then why the need to even bring it up? You automatically assume that it's gonna be brought up and perhaps it will but don't put it into their heads just make your statement like you would if he was anybody else. When other people bring up or pull the race card ignore them. It gets hard to do but don't feed into them - it's what they want. They want to distract you with a weak claim that you're racist instead of getting to the meat of things. Race in most cases when it comes to most of the arguments around here is just a surface issue, a distraction.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It's the lack of substance in the argument that leads one to wonder the true motivation behind the animosity toward someone who hasn't been in office that long. There are actual reasons to object to health care reform, but I never hear about those in the media coverage. The objections I keep hearing are completely made up. After seeing my husband's premiums growing at such an outrageous rate, I don't doubt that in seven years 40% of our income will go to health insurance premiums. I don't know who is going to be happy about working two days a week just to pay for health insurance. Without reform, what is going to reign in the greed? So when people are arguing against their own self interest, it leads one to speculate about why they would do it.
    heaveld

Answer by heaveld at 2:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I look at it this way if you don't have a problem with him being black then why is the first thing a lot of you want to shout is "it's not because he is black"?
    sweetbamabrown

Answer by sweetbamabrown at 2:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009