How long could it take for me to get pregnant if on depo-prova

i am on the depo prova shot. I received the 1st shot july 2, 2009, its a three month dose so i will be due to get another one october 2nd, 2009. I wont be getting the 2nd shot, I have my period every month, even though im on the shot, and sometimes i have it more than once. My periods last anywhere between 1 week and 1 1/2 weeks. how long could it possibly take to get pregnant? Thanks everyone. And please, im not asking for a rude comment,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it depends. some people can get pregnant right after they get off of it, others have to wait a while. my friend was on it and had to wait a year until she could get pregnant. good luck!
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i agree w/ the PP . i was on it from 04 til late 06 early 07 ( cant remember ) and i didnt get pregnant til early 08 ... my friend was on it since 05? i believe and shes still not pregnant and ended hers in 07
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i got pregnant 2 months after the shot wore off...so my last shot was last August it was due again in early december late november I was pregnant February
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i was ond epo for 6 mts. i missed my shot on the the 3rd and had sexthe 6th. today am going to get ablood test to make sure am not preggo so i can start depo again.

IS DIFFERENT FOE EVERYONE. SOME JUST A FEW WEEKS OTHER MONTHS, SOME YEAR, AND FEW LOOSE THEIR FERTILITY DUE TO THE DEPO SHOT
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Everyone's body is different. But you can speed along the detox process! Eating a lot of raw foods, leafy greens, spinach, kale, oranges, and plant foods will help clean you out a little faster. Plus, it'll be good for the baby and your health! Red clover flower tea is a great detox. But if you suspect your are pregnant do NOT detox.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009