What are you ashamed of buying at the grocery?

Once, I had to buy prune juice (3 bottles! ) for my director. She was backed up for two weeks, and called me home before I got to work to ask me to get it for her, before she goes into a meeting. I couldn't say no to my boss! So there I was, all dressed up in business suit buying prune juice. It was so humiliating! At least, when you buy condoms, people know you're having a good time...but prune juice? And three bottles? And it wasn't even for me!!

lesjoiesdemaman

Asked by lesjoiesdemaman at 2:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nothing that I can think of. I love prune juice btw...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Nothing
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I try to not make eye contact when I'm buying pads, chocolate, and midol. I shouldn't be embarrassed, but they always ask "How are you?" Well, how do you think I am??
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I get what you're saying but I can't really think of anything that would make me feel ashamed. I don't think it's anybody's business what I buy and frankly I don't think the cashier cares enough to even give it a second thought.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I shop for my whole house at once, which includes my grandmother, who is in her 70's.

So I have to go through the line with all the regular grocery stuff PLUS all her OTC medicine (Alka-Seltzer, Dramamine, Prilosec, etc.) AND her incontinence pads.

Imagine the looks I got the weekend I had a friend coming up and stopped for beer....

Chips, dip, hamburger meat, buns, beer, and DEPENDS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Nope. Can't say that I'm embarressed by what I buy. there was one time (I swear I wasn't thininking about what I was buying) That I bought condoms, whip cream, candles, and bananas in one trip. When I got to the register the lady just looked a me like I was nuts. When I realized why I started laughing. She just said intresting. (The banana were for banana pudding and so was the whip cream) I didnt find it embarassing just funny.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Hell, I bought prune juice when I was pregnant and the last thing on my mind was what other people were thinking! lol

I'm not ashamed to buy anything. I have an IUD so we don't use condoms and when we did, dh bought them . . . your wieney . . . you buy em! Also, since I have an IUD, I haven't had a period in almost 2 years. I don't have anything embarrassing to buy.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ha ha! But a whole huge list is not as bad...but if you only had to get one item that for sure, people would notice?
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 2:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• nothing embarasses me either my dh uses the magnum large sized condoms and ppl have commented on that, one girl said to me "lucky" LOL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Juggalette0327------That is effing hilarious!!! I can only imagine what the cashier was thinking!!1
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009