How often do u have sex- I am asking cause we only do it once a month- we have a 1 year old?

I think my hubby has a sex problem- he never feels like it- the once a month is cause I ask him too- we went 8 months with out it- till I finally said We would be getting a divorce if we did not have a sex life. Have often is normal- I am in my 30's. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• at least once a week, and in average, 3 times a week? I have a 9 months old baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Wow. My kids are 11, 9, 8 and 10 months. We usually have sex every night, occasionally we'll go ever other.

Answer by missanc at 2:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We have a 15 month old and we have sex at LEAST once a week. I am 21, he is 26.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• mine is a sex addict (no joke) so it's just as frustrating when they do it too much
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• At least once a week. Our kids are 7,4, and 9 weeks. Sometimes more sometimes less. I don't hink my husband could go longer than 2 weeks without some sort of sex.
    nichole579

Answer by nichole579 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We have sex 5-8 times a week, but I KNOW we are abnormal. My brother and his wife have it only once every 6weeks or so. My younger sister hasn't had any with her fiancee in the last 6 months.
    I think as long as both partners are happy with the amount of sex they are getting it is fine if you have it everyday or if you only get it occasionally.
    One partner in both couples I talked about is unhappy with the frequency. I think that is where the unhappiness comes in. I don't think either couple is very happy in their marriages.
    I think it is very important to seek marital counseling for this problem.
    While sex isn't everything, it is important. My feelings would be extremely hurt if my dh didn't want sex.
    Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We aim for 3 times a week. Sometimes it's once and sometimes it' 7. It depends on the week.

And, we have flip flopped in who wants it more. It used to be me. He just wasn't in the mood as much as I was.

Now it's him. And I'm not in the mood as much as I used to be.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have a fifteen month old and we do it on average three to four times a week, but I read in Cosmo that the more you do it, the closer you feel and your libido gets more of a boost, we tried an experiment to do it everyday for the whole month of Sept. (I have mirena, so I only get my period once every four to five months.)
    Richys_Girl

Answer by Richys_Girl at 2:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• a few times a week usually. sometimes though, it can be once a week and on the rare occasion we'll go more than a week. ebbs and flows...just like everything else in a marriage.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Normal doesn't really matter. What matters is compatibility. Has this happened just since you had the baby? or has he always had a low sex drive? If this is something new he should see a doctor, or you might consider counseling. I have friends that have sex anywhere from once every 2-3 months, to daily. We've been married 21 years, and are pretty much every day, sometimes more....and occasionally a little less. My husband finds it to be a stress reliever, and we both want to be with each other all the time. I have friends who wouldn't want it that often, and their spouses complain, and I have other friends who neither of them want it that often, and wouldn't want to be with either of us. Think about whether it was ever different, and consider what kind of help you might need.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009