Congress calling for investigation of the large increase in number of "Czars"

Calling for accountability, for congressional questioning of all "czars", and for "sunsetting" of all czars--to have positions retired by December 31, 2009.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A Czar is an appointment made by the President to a cabinet type position on his administration. By appointing a Czar rather than filling a traditional cabinet position a President can bypass Congressional investigations and background checks on the applicant along with the vetting process being dismissed.
    Basically he has hired anyone he wants to without any research done for the public on their backgrounds or affiliations. The first time in history a President has done something like this to this extent. Which of course, enables more ill associations and criminality.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I've seen this term thrown around here a bit but what exactly is a "czar"? TY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I saw this and KUDOS for them for bringing this up. Something needs to be done, this President has so many radicals surrounding him it is scary.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 2:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• THAT is exactly what Congress is wanting to know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Great idea
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Can somebody answer my question or is everybody just gonna ignore me? I'm not trying to be mean I honestly want to know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'm afraid it's a little too late for the investigation now, the pigs are out of the barn and collecting taxpayer paid salaries at Capitol Hill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Apparently the nomination and then resignation of Van Jones as "Green Czar", a once self-described Communist, made some members of Congress decide to listen to their constituents' concerns on the fact that these czars duties and responsibilities and powers are ill-defined, they are not vetted as to their past or present positions or qualifications, and they are acountable to no one except (maybe) Obama.
    Congress wants some answers as to what they are supposed to be doing, and if they are even people who should be in government.
    Anonymous

• sweet.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• FINALLY!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009