Does ur hubby make ur child wear thrift shop clothes & complain if u buy @ Walmart?

He want our child to wear thrift shop clothes, shoes, everything u can get there. He complains when I have to buy at a regular store like Walmart or Targe. Is ur hubby cheap like mine? I am Middle Class. I dont mind once in a while to save money, but I want him to have a few nice clothes too. I want him to have some new toys, not all used. Yes i am a stay at home Mom- but we can afford it. My hubby is cheap. Im afraid our child will be teased when he starts school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• i get clothes for our dd at walmart and target for now b/c she's groing so fast, every now & then we'll go to children's place or old navy, but it's a little bit of a drive that's why it's not often anyways when she starts school, i'll get better stuff my dh dosen't tell me where to shop, he knows better lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• NO WAY!!! My SO isnt cheap at all!! Far from it! He spent $90 on our babys shoes...not her 1st pair,it was her 5th,never wore them either. He was told they were cheaper at this 2nd quality type shop (they sell designer things very very cheap , bc the makers messed up on a label and crap) but he decided to go order the $90 ones.

And depending on where you live your child might get made fun of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think most of clothes in Wal-Mart and Target and not as durable as the thirft stores. I don't think your DH is cheap but he probably just doesn't think those clothes in Wal-Mart and Target are not much better than the ones in thirft stores so why buy from regular stores. We don't buy from neither but we do accept some hand-me-downs from DH's co-worker. I thought my DH doesn't care much but just thought that co-worker just try to return favors. Anyway, don't tell him you get things from regular stores or just buy it when it's on sale so you can show him off how good you are.trying to save money and still having nice clothes for kids
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• in my opinion its hard to tell whether kids clothes are brand new or not because they grow out of them so fast. i have bought secondhand clothes for my one year old that look like they've never been worn. my SO doesn't really care where i get the clothes from. sometimes i buy new ones but if i see good ones at a sale i pick those up too. as for shoes they should always be bought new because they form to your feet and who wants to wear shoes shaped like someone else's feet?
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You can buy brand new clothes that come in sets and look nicer than walmarts for cheaper! I went to Walmart to get my daughter some winter clothes and they were completely out of her sizes there wasn't much I liked either and there were hardly any pants. So I went to Roses and they have complete sets-Jacket, shirt, pants outfits for $10 the clothes are nice, and lots to choose from.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• NO, he gets mad when I shop at places like that. Personally I love vintage clothing and lets face it if it's new, it's not vintage - DUH! So I tend to browse those places a good bit. HE hates it! HE wants everything we wear to be knew...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have to agree with you! This would piss me off. My hub use to be like that until one time we couldn't find anything for our 6 month old son to wear. We went to Old Navy and hit a sale. He was like wow this stuff is cheaper than the thrift store! I was like yeah no shit. Ever since then thats where we shop. I won't lie on him though, he's not a name brand wearer and the name brand things he has were bought by me not him. Now he prides himself on being able to dress his kids nicely (because naturally it was all HIS idea, ;) )
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• nope i married mr. metrosexual lol i swear he spends more time in the bathroom then i do! my dd is like the poster child for GAP i swear lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I love thrift shop clothes. I have a pair of awsome Prada pumps that I bought for $20

Answer by rkoloms at 3:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My DH doesnt care where I go as long as we can afford it and my child is dressed. I am a garage sale junky (but I have a hard time finding cute stuff at thrift stores so I have kind of given up) and other than that, I usually buy DS clothes at wal mart or ross.
    DH loves to have special outfits for our son now and then so I let him buy the "fun" stuff and spend his money on it. :) lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009