How do you girls be a mom and take care of yourselves?

I am a 31 a single mom and am always running. Its hard to fix my hair and makeup and that girl stuff when you have to take care of your child and go to work. But people at work make comments like why don't you fix your hair, where is the makeup or the earings. My daughter is two and a half, I can't seem to have time for myself. So how do you guys do it?

mominfear

Asked by mominfear at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Still working on it, I have 4 kids. I learned though that you must make you time, if you have no sitter, don't clean while the baby is napping do your nails, dye your hair, and everytime you shop for the baby, get your self something even if it is small. You deserve it. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• just get up 45 minutes earlier and get it done. You will be amazed at home much better you feel. No matter what...unless I am sick, I have always gotten up, gotten dressed, done my hair make up and nails....it just makes me smile a bit more. Probably makes the world who has to look at me smile more too...*laughs*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• we don't lol....my dd is 3 & i have a 5week old son, when i do get ready my dd is in the bathroom with me "putting on makeup" but since i have naturally curly hair, i wear it down & curly or pulled back
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i always wear earrings lol i never take them out except to clean them and then put them right back in. i never do my hair or put makeup on unless im going out somewhere...even just with my friends. as far as having a 2.5 year old, have her help you. have her hand you things that you need to put your makeup on. fix her up a little bit too for fun. i know that helped my aunt when her daughter was that age and she was going out....even to work!
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I get up at 7am (my SO's alarm goes off than,and he presses snooze and gets up in 10 minutes for work) take a shower,make his breakfast kiss him goodbye. Straighten my hair and do my make-up...than put on some clothes. And im a SAHM ... im usually cleaning,or on here. Sometimes we'll go out to his families house when hes home from work. Other than caring for harmoni all day, i dont do anything like go out lol. So i get ready just to make me feel good during the dayy.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 2:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009