Where is good to live in North carolina?

I currently live in Jersey (have since I was 2) and we are SERIOUSLY considering moving to NC. What are some good areas to look into with good school districts?

monica823

Asked by monica823 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Travel

• Ashville!!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Chapel Hill! It's quiet and beeeeeeauuuutiful!
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 9:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• It depends apon what you are looking for..city life Charlotte is filled with industry. If you are looking for the beautiful beaches ...then look at Carolina Beach area. Winston-Salem is a really neat old fashioned kind of town. When my husband and I were considering re-locating there ...we took a drive and circled the state, visiting all of the different places. Until you see them in person, and meet the people ...you really cannot make an informed decision. Good luck!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I'm with vbruno! Okay, I have lived ALL OVER this state (NC) I'm talking at least 20 cities or so from the mountains to the piedmont to the beach (my mom liked to move...). The place I suggest more than ANYWHERE is asheville! Asheville is absolutely amazing!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I like Chapel Hill, Raleigh (suburbs), Greensboro but these are the only areas I know well. Regarding schools, check out www.schoolmatch.com and www.greatschools.net. They will give you details of school districts characteristics and performance. I used schoolmatch to evaluate the towns we considered when moving years ago. It helped us find a good fit academically and community wise. Hope that helps. I was raised in N.J. and have always loved N.C. You're a lucky girl!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• As I am typing this, I am in Oakboro, North Carolina. Very small but quiet town. Everything closes early and the people are very friendly. Not much to do, but 10-20 miles away there is. We are enjoying it.
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 2:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 2:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

strozilove

strozilove

strozilove