pregnancy blood test

i had sex 11 days ago and today my doc order a blood test( i have to go take it at 4)
if i am preggo will it show up?

piwife

Asked by piwife at 2:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its not a positive or negative type of deal, if ur blood levels have enough hcg, chances are you will have another test to confirm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Anon is incorrect.

What type of pregnancy test did he order? There are two different types:

Qualitative: Only detects the HCG hormone and is ran just like a urine pregnancy test. From this you get a simple yes or no.

Quantitative: Gets ran through an actual machine to measure your hormone levels. From this you will find out how far along you are (approximately).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Oh, I might add that with the Qualitative test if you test too early you can get a false negative. With urine tests you can wait until the morning for the highest concentration of hormones, but there is no way to do that with your blood.

(btw I work in a lab, this is how i know these things)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i have no clue. i gotto a military hospital am guessing they were just checking my levels. it came out negative so they gave me my depo shot.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009