What's your favorite Christian song/Band?

I'm looking for new songs and would like it if you'd share your favorite worship songs. Thanks!

GinaPetty

Asked by GinaPetty at 2:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Have you ever listened to the Brooklyn tabernacle? they are amazing (amazed is a real good song, so is days of elijah)
    Also, how he loves us by kim walker is real good.
    ANYTHING by hillsong is amazing.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My fav. Christian Band?? Evenesance... I like POD as well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Evanescence is not a christian band ... its not listed as one and they do not declare themselves to be one.

I listen to mostly individual singers but mostly from IHOP Kansas City, ForeRunner from Bethel Church in Redding Ca.
    The song I have going in my head now is by John Mark McMillan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chx6s3qXKt4 Powerful message how he got this song....

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The newest one that i have found is Among the Thirsty ( your name is Jesus) I love that song. It is a great pick me up
    from selsamsav
    selsamsav

Answer by selsamsav at 3:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I love Stellar Kart, Unhindered, and David Crowder.

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Casting Crowns!! I went to HS with the sisters of one of the girls in the band and their home Church is about 2 miles from my house and my Church. They are wonderful!
    Praise You in This Storm
    Does Anybody Hear Her?
    Who Am I?
    East to West
    Voice of Truth- my 4 yr old's fave..she makes me sing it at bedtime
    Steven Curtis Chapman-
    Cinderella
    Dive
    Magnificent Obsession
    When Love Takes You In
    Jeremy Camp
    Let it Fade
    This Man
    Give You Glory
    Give Me Jesus
    Breathe

I also love Natalie Grant, 10th Avenue North, Downhere, and Third Day...It's all I listen to, so I have a lot of faves.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 4:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Thank you! I'll be checking some of these songs out!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 4:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Bandgeek, I love David Crowder too.
    But my absolute favorte group is Hillsong United : ) you can watch a ton of their videos on youtube : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I saw him last year at BattleCry (we were invited to go as chaperones,lol a first for us since we're only 22), and I fell in love with his music right away.It was really cool - he played one song on a guitar hero controller that he fixed up to play notes, it was awesome! I think he has a new album coming out soon, too!
    =D

I don't know too many Christian groups, so I'm going to have to check out the others mentioned here!
    =D
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If you like David Crowder , you may like Benjamin Dunn or John Mark McMillan David and John Mark I believe are friends... it was David that asked John Mark for permission to change How He loves ... one of the lyrics because of the type of people that listen to his music wouldnt understand what it means " Heaven meets Earth like a sloppy wet kiss" Some peoples minds tend to think its perverted but it has nothing to do with that. I like the original version but David changed to "unforseen kiss" . It takes away from the whole meaning imo.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009